Electric cooperatives across Kentucky are reporting a surge in scammers attempting to exploit Kentuckians amidst the COVID-19 crisis. Please keep the following tips in mind:
- Clark Energy will NOT require our members to purchase prepaid debit cards or money orders to avoid immediate disconnection.
- Do not assume the name and number or your caller ID are legitimate.
- Never wire money to someone you don't know.
- Never share your personal information.
- Do not click links or call numbers in unexpected emails or text messages.
- If you receive a call that sounds like it may be a scam -- hang up!
When in doubt -- don't! Call us at 1-800-992-3269.